How prepared am I for careers in the industries and professional practices of communication and business?

I feel that the combination of my coursework in the field of communication, paired with internships at The Worcester County District Attorney's Office, Pagio Inc., and The Interfaith Hospitality Network of Central Massachusetts has prepared me to work as a professional in the communication industry. My work experience in various office settings; state funded, for profit, and non-profit has given me an understanding of how businesses function. The variety of office environments I have worked in taught me how to adapt to my surroundings, and learn quickly on the job.
     Academically I have been given the opportunity to study under distinguished and respected professors in the field of communication. From the mentors I have had over the last three years I have learned the importance of professionalism, accountability, competency, and reliability. Having faced adversity in my own life, seeing my professors overcome their own challenges reassured me that with hard work and perseverance I can succeed as well.
     My work and internship experiences have been complimentary to my program of study, they enabled me to take what I learned in the classroom from the realm of  theoretical to practical. This combination has allowed me to incorporate my knowledge and critical thinking skills seamlessly, therefore giving me the opportunity to grow and expand my skill set as an individual and future employee.     Communication is the basis of all human interaction, my study of communication styles, and the differences between male and female communication has prepared me to exist within a business environment where I will need to interact effectively with both in. 
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Sexuality and Sex Education Coursework

How can I become a responsible/ethical media producer?